Sunday, September 27, 2015

When All Else Fails, Use Fire

Me and my brother used to make up songs on the spot all the time back in the day. Now that I'm hanging out with him more since graduating from college, we've decided to pick back up this classic tradition. This time around, though, we're recording it!

We haven't done this in a while and we'll get better as we do more of them, but here are the first two recorded improv songs that we've done. Please excuse my terrible singing and just enjoy the lyrical improvisation. My brother is playing the guitar and is the other voice that will chime in as the song progresses. 

For this first one, we asked a guy named Tony to give me a suggestion to sing about. He failed in that endeavor and so I had no choice but to sing about him. (Don't worry, he enjoyed it.) Thus a song was born and it's name was "Tony Ruined It". 

https://soundcloud.com/figment4444/tony-ruined-it

For our second foray into madness, my friend Rob was there to witness and inspire. He loves watching road rage videos on youtube, so we sang about that. Here it is, "Sophisticated Road Rage". 

https://soundcloud.com/figment4444/sophisticated-road-rage

If you have any ideas of what we could sing about next, post a comment below and we'll see what happens. 

Thank you for allowing me to assault your senses with my creativity!


No comments:

Post a Comment