Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Cheap Warfare

In my last post, I shared the rules to a game me and my friend Rob created named "Dominoes of War". In this post, I'm going to share some pictures of Rob and my brother playing the game so you can see what it looks like.

Here you can see the basic playing field layout of 8x8 tiles.


These are the 5 types of soldiers. From left to right: Grenadier, Grunt, Sniper, Kamikaze, General.



 The players have chosen the locations for their bases.

Now they have stocked their bases with soldiers of their choosing.


You can see the walls that they've placed on the field outside of my brother's base. Also, he's made his first moved and flipped over the domino under his soldier.



You can really see it, but this domino added up to 10 and allowed him to spawn an extra soldier.



Here my brother has defeated all of Rob's army except one last sniper holed up in his base. Rob had given up by this point, of course.

After 2 games - one with me vs. Rob and one with Rob vs. my brother - we came up with the traits for the cowboys and indians, but we haven't tried them out yet.


Also, I forgot to mention that you can play with more than 2 players to make it more interesting. We'll probably use a bigger playing field for that, though.




No comments:

Post a Comment